Genius Hour Project

Genius hour is a project where students are allowed to research any topic they want. Each student then presents their topic to the class.

The topic I researched for my Genius Hour project is note taking; more specifically illustration use in note taking. I chose this topic because I realized that while we are told to take notes, teachers usually don’t give us the different ways we can take notes. Because of that I decided to research how I can use drawing while note taking.

My exact research question was: How do you best use visual annotations effectively in notes in order to benefit from it?

After researching this topic, I found numerous ways students can use illustrations while they are taking notes in class. I found that illustrations such as: arrows, speech bubbles, etc… actually help concentration and memory when studying. How did that help you grow as a person or a student?

By presenting my genius hour project to the class, I am helping out my classmates for when they need to take notes in the future. This could even help them obtain better grades in the future 🙂

For my next genius hour project, I will attempt to to find a topic that is going to benefit as many people as possible. I am thinking about doing my presentation on nutrition and different healthy foods in order to vary the things we eat.

Here is the link to my presentation:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1w6IXHaY07TcV1BXgh7F5apEjHKHs5_pZL__ZXXFMVG4/edit#slide=id.p